Antigua Barbuda Programs
PROCESS OF OBTAINING CITIZENSHIP OF ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
1. The Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship-by-Investment Unit (CIU), the government authority responsible for administering the program, is responsible for the processing of all applications. The CIU examines the application thoroughly and, if deemed necessary, may request the applicant to attend an interview.
2. The CIU undertakes strict due diligence checks and will decline an application if the applicant makes a false statement or omits any relevant information in the application.
3. The applicant must apply on the prescribed government forms, which can only be submitted through an agent who is the holder of a citizenship-by-investment program license granted under the regulations.
4. The applicant is required to personally complete the form in English and submit the prescribed forms together with original or certified supporting documentation, as specified by the government.
5. The documentary requirements of the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship-by-Investment Program are reasonable, and the procedures are quite straightforward. It is recommended that investors visit the islands before making a decision on the purchase of real estate.
6. Once the application is approved, passports can be collected in Antigua and Barbuda or the applicant may visit an embassy or the office of any high commission or consulate of Antigua and Barbuda, or similar, as may be specified from time to time by the minister, to both collect their passports and to take the oath or affirmation of allegiance.
7. It is estimated that the process will take between three and four months from submission of the application to issuance of the passport, assuming there are no areas of concern with the application